Chocolate covered anything is always a clear winner for Valentine’s Day. Another classic choice is, and always will be strawberries. I’ve put together a delicious Valentine’s Day recipe that combines this romantic combination to create delicious Chocolate Covered Valentine’s Day 3 Wine Strawberries. They’re beautiful, delicious, and the perfect way to say, “I love you.”
We all get excited about this romantic holiday, but have you ever stopped to think how Valentine’s Day started? AND…why chocolates? Why do we identify love and Valentine’s Day with a heart?
For now, I will stick to my delicious chocolate covered strawberries. They have everything you’d ever want in Valentine’s Day themed treat. In fact, featuring strawberries, chocolate, and wine, these romantic treats have everything but Valentine’s kitchen sink!
- 2 pints of large ripe strawberries (some for making and some for munching)
- 1 cup Ghiradelli chocolate
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- 20 plastic pipette tube
- Red and pink chocolate melting wafers
- Wash and dry your strawberries and pat dry let sit
- Place your strawberries on a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Take your pipettes and add your wine of choice and insert one into each strawberry
- Let sit until all the wine has been absorbed into the berry
- Begin to melt your chocolate
- Using double boiler fill the bottom pot 2/3 of the way with water bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Place the second pot onto of the first one.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add your chocolate to the second boiler.
- Stir to melt
- Dip each strawberry into the chocolate covering 3/4 of the berry
- Place the berry back on the baking sheet to allow to dry.
- Begin to melt the pink and red wafers
- Drizzle the various chocolate colors on your berries for a classy look.
Chocolate, Berries, and Wine. Oh, My!
There’s nothing more romantic or classically Valentine’s Day than chocolate covered strawberries, and this recipe delivers on every level. These chocolate covered berries are beautiful and delicious, and they’re the perfect addition to your Valentine’s Day date night or just as a fun surprise edible gift! So make up a batch of these Chocolate Covered 3 Wine Strawberries and give a delicious gift to say, “I love you.”
Do you gift this classic Valentine’s Day treat? Have you ever made your own chocolate covered strawberries?