A Firecracker cake is a super-festive Fourth of July and easy patriot dessert that is both delicious and visually impressive. What’s more, this cake is actually so much easier to make than it looks. It’s the perfect way to wow your July Fourth guests as you celebrate independence day together.
When I think of Independence Day, I, of course, think of what the day celebrates. However, I also think about being with family and friends, all the free 4th of July activities, the party games for kids. and all the super delicious food we’ll be enjoying together. I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite parts of the day is enjoying all the tasty desserts. This easy patriot dessert is perfect for the Fourth, so read on to learn how to make firecracker cake and impress your guests with this incredibly easy patriotic dessert.
Firecracker Cake – A Red, White, and Blue Winner
Independence Day is a time for us to gather together with friends and family and celebrate our country. It’s a day filled with family, friends, laughter, and great food. It’s also the perfect time to bring out some extra fancy, patriotic desserts to cap off meals filled with delicious barbecue, sandwiches, and other treats that make the day so much fun. This year, I was looking for an extra special dessert to celebrate not only the Fourth but being able to be with my family and friends again – responsibly, of course.
I found this easy recipe for firecracker cake on the Betty Crocker website. While the recipe looks complicated, all you really need is Betty Crocker Super Moist White Cake Mix, the ingredients called for on the back of the box, and red and blue Betty Crocker gel food coloring. It couldn’t be easier to make, and it tastes so good! It’s exactly what I was looking for. I’m a big fan of recipes that only LOOK complicated, so this firecracker cake recipe, which really only requires me to separate the batter and then layer it, was perfect for me.
An easy Patriot dessert Perfect for America’s Birthday!
You don’t have to wait for nightfall to enjoy some amazing fireworks. This cake has everything we love about the Fourth of July all rolled up into one delicious patriotic dessert. The red, white, and blue batters are layered atop one another to make a swirling, patriotically-themed cake, while the frosting of red, white, and blue is drizzled over the top to further add to the patriotic feel and make it look a little bit like exploding fireworks. It’s one of those desserts that people love to look at before they dig in.
Because it’s so incredibly easy to make, this firecracker cake is the perfect way to serve up an extra special dessert after the main meal without having to slave away in the kitchen for hours. In fact, it takes almost no more time to make this cake than it does to make the basic Betty Crocker cake recipe on the back of the box!
I’ve already made a trial run of this recipe so I can get it down pat before our get-together, and it came out perfectly! The cake is so moist and tender, the flavor is great, and the patriotic colors really make it pop! I’m so excited to bring it out and share it with everyone!
Firecracker Cake Recipe – An Easy Patriot Dessert
1 1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 Tsp baking powder
2 3/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
2 Tsp blue food coloring
2 Tsp red food coloring
For the glaze:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Add half the flour and mix until evenly incorporated. Pour the milk and continue mixing.
- Finish with the remaining flour and continue mixing for 2 full minutes
- Divide the batter into 3 bowls. Add 1 Tsp blue food coloring to 1 bowl and the red food coloring to the other and mix to incorporate. You’ll have a white batter bowl remaining.
- Pour the red cake batter into the bottom of the pan. Pour the white batter over the red batter and finish pouring carefully the blue batter in the middle of the white batter.
- Take to the oven and bake for 65 minutes or until done.
- Let it cool down completely before removing from pan.
- Prepare the glaze. Divide the frosting into 3 bowls. Add the red food coloring to one bowl and add the blue food coloring to the other bowl. You’ll have a white icing bowl remaining.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake and decorate with sprinkles.
Wow Your Family with this Fourth of July Dessert this Independence Day
This is an extra special Fourth of July for me, and I’m sure for many of you, as well. With so much time spent away from family and friends, I can’t wait to get together responsibly with the people I love and miss so much and have a wonderful time. Because it’s so special, I’m eager to share it with my family and friends. I’m also so glad that I won’t have to spend a bazillion hours in the kitchen making it.
I hope you’ll try this firecracker cake recipe for your Fourth of July celebration. It’s delicious, easy to make, and it looks fantastic. It doesn’t get much better than that!
Tell us, did you like this easy patriot dessert? Let us know in the comments.