A Beef Fajitas Recipe is always good to have on hand and so easy to make! Fajitas are so easy to make and so delicious. Even though it did take me a long time to make them again, beef fajitas are a classic and a favorite dinnertime Mexican dish. Have them for lunch or dinner.
Homemade fajitas. are typically made with grilled strips of skirt steak with onions and bell peppers, and served flaming hot with tortillas, sour cream, guacamole and of course and salsa. We like to make them with beef, but you can make fajitas with chicken, or plain if you are a vegetarian. Check out this delicious and easy recipe for beef fajitas.
1/4 Cup lime juice (approx. 3 limes)
1/2 an onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic (about 3 cloves, or use jar garlic)
1/2 Cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 lb butterflied inside skirt steak or other thin steaks such as flank steak.
Optional: You may also like to grill large strips of bell pepper – any color onion, cut into quarters from stem to root rather than crosswise but don’t marinate them.
- Combine all ingredients in a large zip-top bag and refrigerate for 3-24 hours, turning several times.
- Knock off most of the loose pieces of the marinade off the steak before cooking.
- You can cook this on a cast iron grill pan with your exhaust fan running and the smoke isn’t too bad since there’s no sugar. Or, cook on an outdoor grill.
- Preheat your cooking surface with medium-high heat.
- Cook about 2 minutes per side, or until cooked all the way through.
- Serve with tortillas and your choice of toppings: grilled onion, grilled bell pepper, salsa, sour cream, diced tomatoes, avocados or guacamole, corn, refried beans, rice, shredded cabbage, etc.
We used a large cast iron skillet, but during the summertime, we like to grill the meat. Also If you’d prefer a healthier option, watch those toppings. My daughter prefers having hers lots of lettuce and tomatoes and with low-fat cheese and sometimes with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream (which she loves so much!). My husband, on the other hand, loves spicy food, so I’ve topped his fajitas with chipotle pepper powder.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! They are perfect for any weeknight meal because they are ready in so a short time!