Disclosure: This is a sponsored post brought to you by Arm and Hammer. However, all opinions are my own.
Using a fruit and vegetable Wash is of the utmost importance especially during the pandemic times we are experiencing.
Our lives have taken an unexpected twist, so just as we would do to protect our family from the common cold and flu, foodborne illness should also be avoided.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are a healthy way to add vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and into our diet. My family loves fruits, so making fresh fruit recipes is a common practice in our household.
Importance of Fruit and Vegetables Wash
Rinsing my fruits and vegetables with water doesn’t mean they’re clean. WHY? Because produce is sprayed with wax to extend its shelf life. Water alone does not completely eliminate pesticides or wax.
We got into the habit of keeping our fresh produce from getting contaminated, by using ARM & HAMMER™ Fruit & Vegetable Wash.
It safely eliminates pesticides, wax, and soil with the cleaning power of pure & simple ingredients like baking soda, salt, and plant-derived cleaning agents.
Fruit and Vegetable Wash – Prevent Bacterias!
ARM & HAMMER™ Fruit & Vegetable Wash is the first food-contact product to get the Safer Choice certification!
- Safer Choice helps consumers find products that perform and are safer for human health and the environment.
- Products with the Safer Choice label must demonstrate being effective, while only using ingredients that are safer for families.
- The EPA offers the Safer Choice label to company partners who design or reformulate quality products that perform well and contain the safest chemical ingredients.
In recent years, the United States has had several large outbreaks of illness caused by contaminated fruits and vegetables. I must admit, that I never knew a wash product existed for vegetables and fruit! I was aware that animal products must be handled carefully to avoid illness, but not produce.
To prevent illness, the FCDA recommends the following to avoid contamination.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with warm water and soap before and after preparing fresh produce.
- If damage or bruising occurs before eating or handling, cut away the damaged or bruised areas before preparing or eating.
- Rinse produce BEFORE you peel it, so dirt and bacteria aren’t transferred from the knife onto the fruit or vegetable.
- Gently rub produce while holding under plain running water. There’s no need to use soap or a produce wash.
- Use a clean vegetable brush to scrub firm produce, such as melons and cucumbers.
- Dry produce with a clean cloth or paper towel to further reduce bacteria that may be present.
- Remove the outermost leaves of a head of lettuce or cabbage.
The 16.9oz spray bottles of ARM & HAMMER™ Fruit & Vegetable Wash is available at Amazon.
- Safely eliminates over 90% of pesticide residue*
- Cleans 4x better than water alone*
- Removes wax and soil
- Free from harsh chemicals
- Leaves no taste or odor
- Gluten-free and vegan
It just takes a few easy steps and the help of Arm & Hammer Fruit & Vegetable Wash, to help your family live a healthier lifestyle. Just spray, rub, rinse, and enjoy cleaner produce. Easy peasy!
Good health habits include these recommended food hygiene practices. When you wash your fresh produce you are helping minimize surface germs that could eventually make you sick.
Due to the recent pandemic, fears have escalated making one decide to opt for more aggressive washing methods, such as using cleaners on fruit and vegetables.
How about you? Have you tried any fruit and vegetable wash method that I mentioned in this blog post? If so, which one? Let’s talk about it in the comments.