If you’re vegan and like sandwiches, you will love this Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Avocado. This vegan version of the classic grilled cheese sandwich is simply amazing. It’s a healthy sandwich with cheese being the main ingredient, but of course vegan cheese! It’s smooth, buttery taste is made from vegan ingredients without artificial preservatives and flavors.
My husband recently went Vegan as he has been dealing with all kinds of health issues and cannot be happier. He has slimmed down and become more energized plus he is healthier. We’ve now opted for more vegan recipes. We like to use plant-based butter as the perfect exchange for your current butter option. This new way to eat green surely takes you away from the regular thought of eating vegetables or leafy greens.
Now you can eat green with every meal that you use butter with, such as this vegan grilled cheese with avocado and tomato.
Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwich a Childhood Memory
Grilled cheese sandwiches take me back to childhood. This simple childhood treat can be switched up into a healthy and yummy adult version in no time. There’s nothing tastier than having two slices of vegan cheese alternative melted in between two slices of grilled to golden brown perfection vegan whole grain bread.
Adding one slice of tomatoes and four slices of avocado really helped complete this delicious Vegan recipe. This is a fulfilling, healthy option for lunch on a busy workday at home. I love that its low carb, quick to make, and healthier for you than other options I may grab when working from my home office.
Assembling this sandwich is simple and very versatile. Feel free to substitute or leave out any ingredients you like. I’m going to tell you how you can enjoy this yummy vegan grilled cheese with avocado and tomato sandwich today:
- 2 slices Vegan whole grain bread
- 1 Tbps Avocado Oil Plant-Based Butter, divided ( we used Pure Blends)
- 2 slices Vegan cheddar alternative
- 1 slice tomato
- 4 slices avocado
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Spread one slice of bread with 1 1/2 tsp of Avocado Oil Plant-Based Butter.
- Place one slice of bread buttered side down on the preheated skillet. Top with one slice of Vegan cheddar alternative, tomatoes, avocado, and finally the second slice of Vegan cheddar alternative on top of the avocado.
- Spread the other slice of bread with remaining 1 1/2 tsp of Avocado Oil Plant-Based Butter and place this slice of bread on top of the sandwich with buttered side up.
- Cook until one side is golden brown. Flip the sandwich over and cook until the Vegan cheddar alternative is melted and your bread is the perfect golden brown color.
After your vegan grilled cheese is fully cooked, let it rest for a couple of minutes before eating. The texture of the vegan cheese improves once it’s cooled down just a touch.
There’s nothing like a melty, toasty, delicious vegan grilled cheese sandwich so let’s dig in! I serve mine with a tiny bit of regular ketchup. Other good options are hummus, sriracha, vegan ranch for something a little different.
If you are vegan and looking for more recipes make sure to visit here. Let’s talk about it in the comments.